Artist Residence Penzance is a beautiful Grade II listed Georgian House situated on Chapel Street. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. Due to the historic nature of the building, we do not have a lift and our stairs and corridors are quite narrow. Therefore, we do ask wheelchair users to contact us prior to booking.
- We are located on Chapel Street within the centre of Penzance. Please note that Chapel Street is a one-way street.
- Penzance Rail & Coach Station is 0.5 miles from Artist Residence Penzance. If walking, this may take approximately 5 - 10 minutes. Plese note that the walk is up a hill. Taxis are sometimes available at the station. If a taxi is preferable, this will cost approximately £3.50 - £5.00. We recommend R Cars Penzance who may be contacted on 01736 362 222. Please let us know if you would like us to book a taxi for you.
- A small supermarket (Co-Op), chemist and main shops are approximately 5 minutes walk.
- We regret that we do not accept pets.
- Brochures and menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in braille.
- You can contact us by telephone on 01736 365 664 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Our check-in times are between 3pm - 7.30pm. We are always grateful if guests are able to provide us with an anticipated time of arrival if possible. If you would like to arrive earlier than 3pm please contact us prior to the arrival date and we will always do our best to assist with this. If you think you may be arriving later than 7.30pm again this is no problem, but please contact us ahead so we may make arrangements.
- Unfortunately we only have 1 parking space which we reserve for mobility impaired persons. If you are mobility impaired pleaes contact us prior to arrival to reserve this space.
- There is a loading bay on Chapel Street. Our private parking space may be used to unload bags for a short while. To locate this space please turn right around the side of the building from Chapel Street onto Vandervour Lane. Turn right through the brown gates. Please ring the bell on the red front door so assist you with your bags via the back door.
- There is a Long Stay Car Park located along the harbour close to the Rail & Coach Station (TR18 2GB), which costs £5.70 per 24 hours. Alternatively there is nearby free roadside parking. Upon arrival please ask for directions.
- We always assit with luggage.
- There are 3 steps varying in size of approximately 8-10 Inches each up to the main red front door on Chapel Street. Please ring on the bell on the side of the door so that we know you have arrived.
- There is 1 step of approximately 6 inches to the side door on Vandervour Lane.
- There are 5 steps varying in size of approximately 8 inches each from the courtyard and private parking space to the back door.
Guest Accommodation & Public Areas
- Artist Residence Penzance is spread over 2 wings of the building, linked by the reception, gallery & breakfast room. Rm 1 - 8 (located in The Georgian House) are spread over three floors (1st, 2nd and 3rd floor over ground floor) and accessed by the main red front door. Rm 9 - 11 (located in a barn conversion annex) are spread over 1 floor (1st floor above ground floor) and may be accessed via the main red front door or a private side door on Vandervour Lane. At approximately 7.45pm we do lock the gallery which links the two wings of the building. Hence access to other rooms is via the exterior rather than through the gallery.
- Please note that our corridors and staircases are quite narrow. Please discuss your needs with us so that we may recommend the best room possible.
- The reception, gallery & breakfast room are located on the ground floor.
- There is a unisex public toilet available on the ground floor.
- Our guesthouse is centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements. During the Summer months we tend to turn off the heating. However, if guests require it to be turned on during these months we ask guests to let us know.
Facilities & Services
- Are opening times are between 7.45am - 7.45pm. Out of these hours we have live-in staff, with a designated member of staff who is never more than 5 minutes walk away. They are always available via the main landline or on their mobiles. If guests have any issues or concerns out of opening hours, we ask guests to contact the main landline or mobiles which are provided in the guest room book. In the eventuality that the fire alarm may go off, this is directly linked to Fire Services and staff mobiles and landline.
- We are licensed for the sale of alcohol. We have a good selection of wine, beer, ales, spirits, cider, soft drinks and hot drinks which may be ordered within the courtyard, gallery or to guest rooms.
- Breakfast is served within the gallery from 8am - 10am. Earlier breakfasts may be requested from 7.30am.
- Breakfast may be brought up to your room if requested in advance.
- Local information, newspapers, books, guides and magazines are available to read throughout the guesthouse.
- Bedrooms 4 - 7 have carpet, whilst bedrooms 1-3 and 9-11 have wooden floor and rugs with non slip matting.
- All of our bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms, with the exception of Rm 11 which has a roll top bath and separate rainfall shower.
- Complimentary tea and coffee facilities, bottled water, toiletries and Wi-Fi are provided in all guest bedrooms.
- All rooms have a flatscreen TV with freeview and hairdryer. Rm 11 has the addition of a DVD player,
- Our superior rooms (Rm 2, 7, 9 ,10 & 11) have Roberts Revival digital radio's.
- Beds are made with 2 non allergenic pillows and 2 feather pillows. All superior rooms have feather duvets. If you would prefer non allergenic bedding, please let us know in advance so that we can cater for this.
- Space for hanging clothes varies from room to room. Some rooms have wardrobes and other rooms have hanging space. If this is of concern, please contact us so we can advise a suitable room to fit your requirements.
- In the event of a fire, the alarm will sound. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- For Rm 1 - 8 the building can be evacuated via the main staircase. For room 9 - 11 the building can be evacuated via the side door. The fire evacuation meeting point is located at the rear of the building by the brown gate on Vandervour Lane.
- We do not permit smoking within any parts of the building. For the safety of our guests we do not permit the use of lit candles within any of our guest rooms. If guests are found to be smoking within guest rooms or internal public areas, we operate a fine of £100.
- We are happy to cater for special diets, allergies or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these prior to arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We can also keep any perishables in our fridges if rooms are not equipped with mini-fridges.
- Please be advised that mobile phone reception varies throughout the building. Due to the buildings thick granite walls, within the interior of the building mobile signal can often be weak. However, the exterior of the building has mostly good signal strength.
- We are closed during December and January
- Sometimes we may operate a minimum night stay during peak seasons and bank holidays. If unsure about this please do call.
- Address: Artist Residence, 20 Chapel Street, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4AW
- Telephone number: 01736 365 664
- Email address: email@example.com
- Website: www.arthotelcornwall.co.uk
If you require any further information or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us. We endeavour to make all guests feel as comfortable as possible during their stay with us.